How to build an audience on Instagram
One of the places that you may choose to promote is Instagram. Instagram is a platform known for Video and Photo sharing. So if you're a video creator or a Photographer, this may be the platform for you.
So what are some of the ways you can build an audience on Instagram without spending any money?
Here are five things I do to help grow my Instagram account:
- Post content daily on both stories and through posts
- Follow real people and not bots.
- Build relationships with followers through commenting on their content and in the DMs.
- Go live with people to create engagement and authenticity. (Put a face to the account name)
- Produce quality content and avoid being overly promotional. (Most of my posts focus on storytelling and uplifting others.)
When I celebrated 100 episodes of the Teawithmikeshow, I chose to do a visual throwback highlighting the first 100 guests of my show. Each post was a picture of the guest along with some text describing the episode. This content worked because it was visually appealing on my page and led to some great engagement and new people following my account.
See the two images below to get a feel for the visual element of the Teawithmike Instagram page:
Social Media can be challenging. It takes time and consistency to see results. So remember that as you build your Brand or Business Digitally.
To be continued.